2018-2019 Studio Policies
First Day of Dance Class: Monday, August 20, 2018
Please read through all the policies to see all other closing and calendar info! We generally follow Cobb County Schools' yearly calendar and closings for most breaks, EXCEPT the Cobb Winter Break and MLK, Jr. Day.
2018-2019 registration and tuition payment information:
Rhythm Dance Center tuition is based on an entire season of dance. Our season runs from August 20, 2018 - May 25, 2019. All dancers are required to pay for the entire season. Tuition is not based on the number of classes in a month or attendance. There is NO refund for missed classes as we provide a make-up schedule.
You may pay the entire season in full or divide it up into 9.5 monthly installments. The first installment is due with your registration fee, and this installment is non-refundable. The other installments are due the 1st of each month, September 2018 - May 2019 and will be automatically billed to the card on file on the 1st of each month.
All monthly tuition payments, year-end show costume payments, and year-end show fees will be auto-billed to the card on file. Tuition is due on the first of every month and will be auto billed on the first of each month. You will be emailed a receipt after your tuition is auto billed. Year-end show costume payments and recital fee will be auto billed on December 10, 2018.
If you pay the entire season in full prior to August 10, 2018, you will receive a 5% discount. Please note: If you pay your dancer’s tuition for the full year and withdraw from classes for any reason (loss of interest, school obligations, injury, illness, etc.), a 30% penalty will be applied to your refund for the remainder of the year. We suggest you only pay the year in full if you are 100% confident your dancer will participate fully in the entire season.
You will not receive a billing statement or invoice, however, you will receive a receipt of payment each month after the auto bill.
Late Fee: If your card on file is declined, an alternate payment must be made within 48 hours. A $15 Late Fee will be charged for any payments not made in full by the 5th of the month. This includes declined charges for cards on files for any reason.
Returned Check Fee: $25.
I hereby authorize Rhythm Dance Center, Inc. to charge my credit or debit card for all services and products related to my family's enrollment in classes and activities at Rhythm Dance Center including but not limited to tuition, supplemental materials, special events, costumes, concert or year-end show fees, accessories, etc. Fees are subject to change. If I elect to pay annual tuition via monthly installments, I understand that my credit or debit card will continue to be charged on the monthly, session or periodic basis unless I notify the studio in writing 30 days before intent to discontinue via email to firstname.lastname@example.org and receive an acknowledged returned response from Rhythm Dance Center staff. I understand that it will not be sufficient notice to merely tell an instructor or other employee of our intent to discontinue. I have read this entire agreement and understand that I will be held fully responsible for its terms and conditions of service, including a thirty day written notice by email to Rhythm Dance Center of any intent to discontinue. I understand that once the monthly installments for my annual tuition have occurred there will be no refund given if I decide to discontinue. I agree to notify Rhythm Dance Center immediately of any change in the status of my charge account including but not limited to card expiration, name change, limitation of use, loss or theft or the card, etc. In the event that the amount charged is refused for whatever reason, I accept responsibility for full payment for the amount charged as well as a NSF fee of $15.00.
We accept cash, check, MC, VISA, DISCOVER, and AMEX.
Payment options: full season or monthly installments
Full Season Cost:
- 1 class weekly: $617.50
- 2 classes weekly: $1187.50
- 3 classes weekly: $1662.50
- 4 classes weekly: $2090.00
- 5 classes weekly: $2422.50
- 6 classes weekly: $2755.00
- 7 classes weekly: $3087.50
- 8 classes weekly: $3420.00
- 9 classes weekly: $3752.50
*Performing Company Dancers: Please contact Krista at email@example.com for your full season cost.
- 1 class weekly: $65.00 Sept.- May, $32.50 (due at time of registration)
- 2 classes weekly: $125.00 Sept.- May, $62.50 (due at time of registration)
- 3 classes weekly: $175.00 Sept.- May, $87.50 (due at time of registration)
- 4 classes weekly: $220.00 Sept.- May, $110.00 (due at time of registration)
- 5 classes weekly: $255.00 Sept.- May, $127.50 (due at time of registration)
- 6 classes weekly: $290.00 Sept.- May, $145.00 (due at time of registration)
- 7 classes weekly: $325.00 Sept.- May, $162.50 (due at time of registration)
- 8 classes weekly: $360.00 Sept.- May, $180.00 (due at time of registration)
- 9 classes weekly: $395.00 Sept.- May, $197.50 (due at time of registration)
*Edge, Fusion, Connection and Mini Stars: Please refer to your class schedule for your Monthly Tuition costs.
Customer Portal: Each family will have a portal to process payments, register for classes, etc. It is your responsibility to keep all info (contact info, payment info, etc.) up to date. You can sign up or log in on the home page of our website. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions about your portal and/or account info.
Registration Fees: A non-refundable registration fee of $35 for the first dancer and $25 each additional family member is due upon registration. In addition, your first tuition installment is due at this time. This is also non-refundable. Payment in full is required for the registration fee, partial tuition installment, and any Twirl, preschool or summer fees if applicable. You will receive a payment confirmation email once your payment has been processed.
Withdrawal Policy: We require a 30-day written notice via email if you need to withdraw from Rhythm Dance Center. Please email email@example.com to withdraw from our 2018-2019 session. After the 30-day notice, we will terminate your monthly installment, or, if a full year was paid, we will refund the remaining installments minus 30%.
Make-up Classes: If your dancer misses class due to illness or other personal reasons, they will be able to make up the missed class in a similar class. There will be no discount or refund given for missed classes. There are no make-ups for classes missed when the studio is officially closed for holidays, etc. All classes missed due to inclement weather can be made up at your convenience using our existing class schedule.
2019 Summer Registration: Full payment will be due upon registering for our 2019 Summer dates. The appropriate fees will be posted to your account and will be charged to the card on file.
TWIRL PROGRAM: Twirl is our exclusive preschool and kindergarten program at Rhythm! Rhythm Owners Becca Moore and Dani Rosenberg developed this awesome program and it is now used in dance studios across the country!
Twirl Classic (Twirl Pink, Twirl Lilac, Twirl Yellow, and Twirl Aqua and Twirl to the Max*) includes a reward ribbon for their dance bag, a super fun activity book, and a certificate of completion for each dancer at the end of the year. The Twirl Classic fee is $25.00.
The Twirl Fee for Snazzy Jazzy, Fairytale Ballet, and Hip Hop Flip Flop is $15 per dancer and is due at registration. These classes include a fun bag tag and a certificate of completion at the end of the year.
*Twirl to the Max is technically two back-to-back classes merged into one class, so tuition is for two classes. Dancers will perform two dances in the year-end show but will wear the same costume for both dances, so they will only have one costume fee.
YEAR-END SHOW: We produce a fabulous production at the end of the year with all Rhythm dancers. This is an exciting end to our dance season! The show week (including dress rehearsals) will be May 28-June 2. This is an exciting and rewarding part of the season that everyone looks forward to! We encourage all dancers to participate! Stay tuned for 2019 Year-End Show details to be released throughout the year in November and April. Please note - Pointe Prep, Body Awareness, Mini & Me and most Adult Classes do not participate in the Year End Show.
YEAR-END SHOW COSTUMES: Costume costs are generally $75.00-$120.00 per costume (you will receive the exact amount in November 2018). Costume fees will be auto billed on December 10, 2018. After this fee is processed on December 10th, it is non-refundable. Any costume alterations needed will be the responsibility of the parent. If your dancer will not be participating, you are required to notify us by email to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than December 5, 2018. Please do not rely on your dancer to inform us that she or he will not be dancing in the Year-End Show!
YEAR-END SHOW FEE: A $35 (per dancer) Year-End Show Fee is due with costume payment. This fee helps cover the costs associated with putting on the production, and includes a special year-end gift for the dancer. This fee will be auto-billed on December 10, 2018, along with the costume fees.
SHOW TICKETS: Tickets to our Year-End Shows will need to be purchased. Dancers performing in the show do not need a ticket. More information on Show Tickets, including when they will be available to purchase, will be included in the Year-End Show packet released mid-April. The ticket cost will be announced in the fall when more of the show details come out!
DRESS CODE: Flair, our in-house dancewear boutique, carries all appropriate dancewear needed for class at Rhythm. Proper shoes and attire must be worn to participate in class. Hair should be pulled back off face for all classes. A proper bun must be worn for ballet class. BUNHEAD hair accessories are available in Flair. Don’t forget to write your name in all shoes, bags, etc. You can find descriptions and examples of the proper attire for each class in the Classes section of our website.
GENERAL RULES: Please discuss these rules with your dancers! Thank you!
- No food or drinks other than water inside the studios. No exceptions!
- No cell phones are allowed in the dance rooms at any time. If they are inside a dance bag, they should be turned off.
- Rhythm is a large place, so please keep an eye on your children, no running or climbing on furniture PLEASE!
- All children must be accompanied by a parent/guardian at all times unless they are in class.
- All personal belongings may be kept in the dressing room or in the studio with the dancer if needed. Rhythm Dance Center is not responsible for items left behind at Rhythm Dance Center. Please make sure you check for all your belongings before leaving the studio.
- Preschool and Kindergarten Parents: Please take your dancer to the restroom BEFORE class begins to avoid accidents and disruptions to class.
- Please make an effort to be prompt! Excessive tardiness picking up your child will result in additional fees.
- No parents, friends, or siblings are allowed in the classroom at any time. This is for the benefit of your dancer. They will learn more if we have their complete attention.
- Viewing windows will be open the first full week of each month.
- If your dancer drops a class, a 30-day written notice is required. You will be responsible for payment until the written notice is received.
- For the safety of our dancers, we follow Cobb County's decisions on inclement weather school closings. However, you should always use your own judgement when deciding to travel due to weather. We will confirm our closing via email when inclement weather affects Rhythm Dance Center. We will also communicate all schedule changes on social media as well! All classes missed due to inclement weather can be made up at your convenience using our existing class schedule.
- Our staff is available during office hours to answer any questions you might have! If you need to speak with your child’s teacher, please call or email to set up an appointment as we rarely have time in-between classes. You can reach us at or 770.998.6507.
2018-2019 CALENDAR: We generally follow the Cobb County School Calendar for closing. Please note: We will NOT close for Cobb County Winter Break or MLK Day. Please see full calendar for details. If you attend a school district outside of Cobb County, please let us know if your child will be missing class (for example, a different Spring Break, etc.). This could also affect your Dress Rehearsal or Show Schedule. Our Dress Rehearsals will be held during the days of Tuesday, May 28 and Wednesday, May 29, 2019. A schedule with specific times for your dancer will be provided in November.
- First Day of Class: Monday, August 20, 2018
- CLOSED - Labor Day: Monday, September 3, 2018
- CLOSED - Fall Break: Monday, September 24 - Saturday, September 29, 2018
- CLOSED - Thanksgiving Break: Monday, November 19 - Saturday, November 24, 2018
- CLOSED - Winter Holidays: Saturday, December 22, 2018 - Friday, January 3, 2019. We will reopen on Saturday, January 4, 2019
- OPEN - MLK, Jr. Day: Monday, January 21, 2019
- OPEN - Cobb Winter Break: Monday, February 18 - Saturday, February 23, 2019
- CLOSED - Spring Break: Monday, April 1 - Saturday, April 6, 2019
- Performing Company Auditions: April 15 - 29, 2019
- Last Day of Class: Saturday, May 25, 2019
- Dress Rehearsals: Tuesday, May 28 and Wednesday, May 29, 2019
- Year-End Shows: Thursday, May 30 - Sunday, June 2, 2019