Artistic Director: Emily Salerno
Connection is a select group of talented dancers chosen through audition to represent Rhythm Dance Center at talent competitions, conventions, and community performances. This elite group of dancers consistently wows audiences with their energetic and stylish routines. A high level of commitment is expected of these dancers to maintain the excellence of Connection. We believe the relationships developed with faculty and peers through dance are unmatched by most sports and disciplines.
For audition information, visit our Performing Company Auditions page.
View our 2018-2019 Performing Company Schedule here!
- Choosing dance as a priority over other extracurricular activities
- Attendance to 3 Competitions and 1 Convention
- Classes with guest teachers (1-2) at Rhythm Dance Center
- Tap the Map at Rhythm - October 12-14 (required for Tap Company)
- Attendance to Connection Summer Intensive - July 17-20, 2018
- All Connection boys will participate in GMX -- our all boys hip hop crew
- Participation in holiday show, company concert, and year-end shows
Connection Minimum Requirements
- Dancers will perform jazz, hip-hop & a production number at competition
- Required to be at the studio two days per week taking classes in jazz, ballet, hip-hop and choreography/rehearsal time
- Guest Teachers: Approximately $25 per class
- Tuition: $195 per month (required classes only)
- Tuition w/Tap Company $240 per month
- Approximate minimum company cost: $1,200 for convention, costume and competition fees for required routines
NEW! Connection Production: Connection will perform a big production combining each group and will compete at the last two competitions of the season, perform at the Company Concert and two of the Year-End Shows.
Connection Tap Company: We have a tap option for Connection: Mini/Junior and Teen/Senior Connection Tap Company. If you wish to be considered for Tap Company, you will be required to tap at the Connection callback. This company will have an additional required weekly tap class. Results will be posted with all other results. If you are auditioning for Edge or Fusion and are asked to attend the Connection callback, you will be required to tap. Tap Company will be required to attend Tap the Map October 12-14. The additional cost for Tap Company is approximately $300.00, plus tuition. These payments are made in $100 installments with each of your three Connection deposits. The approximate cost of Tap the Map is $150.00.
Connection Deposits: Three $250 deposits are made: 6/3/18, 11/15/18, 1/15/19. Tap Company pays an additional $100 per deposit. The final balance is due March 15, 2019.